London Story

12:58:00 PM

Big Ben
Walk through Thames River in the summer is make your heart beat faster than usual. Buildings around Thames are perfectly matched with the dark and dramatically sky.

I do love London. Movies, books, songs and everything about London , I like it so much. That's why I dreamed of being there.  Day by day, month by month, year by year I pray to the God to make my dream comes true (LOL). And Finally, in earlier September my boss sent me to London for business purpose. Thanks God.

Strolling on Harry Potter set
It was fall at that time, and for an Asian people that always stay in the tropical place like me, that was so cold. That's why I start went out in midday and wear multiple clothes. Then I start to visit Big Ben.


Big Ben is the nickname for Giant Bell of the clock located at the north end of the Westminster Palace in London. The tower is officially known as Elizabeth Tower, renamed in 2012 to celebrate Diamond Jubilee of Elizabeth II (60th anniversary of the accession of Queen Elisabeth II). Big Ben holds the second largest four-faced chiming clock in the world after Minneapolis City Hall, in Minnesota, U.S. 

After few walk and sightseeing in Westminster palace, then I went to Thames path and walk along there. On my way, I found several fascinating buildings just around the Thames. Then I walk away to the Tower Bridge.Right after couples of minutes finally, I reached Tower Bridge. (Better to use Google maps to reach each place in London, since everything is accessible by walk).
St. Paul's Cathedral
Tower Bridge is a combined bascule and suspension bridge in London. It was built in 1886-1894. It crosses the Thames close to Tower of London just next to this bridge and has become an iconic symbol of London. The bridge consist of two bridge towers tied together at the upper level by two horizontal walkways which both pedestrian or vehicles could cross the bridge.
Tower Bridge

I have an appointment to have a dinner with Pete (my Couchsurfing host) so I have to go back to the flat. I usually spend at least one night with host and do something together. Or just have a conversation with them. It was awesome to talk to the stranger that we just met, and heard from them their travel experiences, or sometimes heard their inspired life stories.

You Might Also Like

0 komentar